‘St Louis (Louis IX of France) burying his plague-stricken troops before Tunis, A.D. 1270’, by the Baron Charles de Steuben (1791–1856). This painting at the back of Baltimore cathedral was ‘The gift of Louis, XVIII, King of France To the Arch-diocese of Baltimore’ [sic and sic].
Two stained-glass windows: the adoration of the Magi (1507) by the Circle of the Strassburger Werkstattgemeinschaft (active in southern and central Germany c. 1470–1500), and the circumciscion (c. 1460–70) by the Kreussbrüder (Cologne). (Cloisters)
A silver reliquary in the shape of an arm (northern French, c. 1200–50), a gilded silver Processional Cross (Spanish, c. 1450), and one of three volumes of a Spanish translation of Augustine’s City of God. (Met.)